In 2017, for the first time, MIRCIM features a series of clinical workshops as part of the satellite events that take place on Thursday, May 11, 2017, the day preceding the course. All workshops are hosted in the same venue as MIRCIM: the ICE Kraków Congress Centre.
For the clinical workshops programme, please click here.
The workshops are suitable for a variety of learners and clinicians, from junior learners (electrocardiography and chest x-ray interpretation) to advanced learners (use of ultrasound in joint examination). The number of participants for each workshop is purposely limited to a small number to ensure the opportunity for all learners to have a practical hands-on experience with direct interaction with the instructors.
The selection of workshops includes:
- Effective therapy of type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Electrocardiography in acutely ill patients
- How to read a chest X-ray: primer for non-radiologists
- Ultrasound in rheumatology: small joint examination course
- Compression ultrasound in diagnosing deep vein thrombosis
- Point-of-care ultrasound (PoCUS) in volume status examination
- Airway management (students only)
- Cardiac arrest management (students only)
- Current and future management of cystic fibrosis
MIRCIM participants and students are eligible for discounts when registering for the workshops.